We created GO-FILTR as the world’s first plant-based, biodegradable water filter to further our mission of bringing healthy, smart hydration to all while saving the environment through reducing single-use water bottles.
We’re so committed to protecting our oceans, that we donate 1% of all our proceeds to The Ocean Cleanup, our charity partner. Visit their website here https://www.theoceancleanup.com/ to learn more about how they’re committed to cleaning our oceans.
Cleaning our oceans is still a community effort. Aside from making the critical switch to reusable water bottles, there are still more ways you can help protect the oceans.
5 Ways to Reduce and Reuse
Globally, about 91% of plastic isn’t recycled and ends up in landfills or polluting our oceans which has devastating consequences for every part of our world:
Here are 5 ways to reduce and reuse to do your part in protecting our oceans:
- Nix the plastic straws and bring your own. Bring your own reusable stainless steel straw with you whenever you’re buying a drink on-the-go. Or, forgo the straw completely. This simple fix can eliminate so much unnecessary waste during your lifetime.
- Shop at zero waste stores where you can bring your own containers. All of those plastic produce bags and single-use packaged products at the grocery store add up fast! Instead, shop in bulk and at grocery stores where you can refill your own containers when buying items like dried beans and quinoa.
- All reusable everything. Water bottles, grocery bags, dishware — strive to eliminate all single-use items and instead replace with reusable items. Swap paper towels with dishrags, and make it your mission to phase out anything that can’t be used again and again.
- Creatively “upcycle” items. Need a new reusable grocery bag? Turn an old t-shirt into a cool canvas bag with some simple stitching! Find organizational uses for old mint or make-up containers, and try to extend the lifespan of everything you own, especially if it can’t be recycled. If you can’t upcycle or recycle it, then donate the item if possible.
- Only buy high-quality items. Stay away from “fast fashion” and other trends that produce waste. Try and buy high-quality items that last a long time, so that you can donate them when you no longer need them.
With a little ingenuity and effort, we can save our oceans and keep our planet healthy by reducing waste and reusing what we already have.
Looking to do more? Donate to the The Ocean Clean-Up by simply purchasing GO-FILTRs for your family and friends to help us continue our mission to save the planet, one delicious bottle of filtered water at a time.